We are seeking a Part-Time Shop Assistant to join our team. The Shop Assistant will play a key role in ensuring that our customers have a positive and enjoyable shopping experience. This role involves assisting customers with their purchases, providing products and services information, and executing marketing tasks to attract foot traffic to the shop.
The position is suitable for students or part-time job seekers, which may up to 4 hours a day or total less than 10 hours per week, depending on his/her availability. The tasks is mostly interacting with customers and also will be using computer and software systems, however he/she is expected to be physically available at the Company premise to carry out the given tasks.
This position involves standing, walking, and lifting, and may require occasional evening or weekend shifts. The shop environment may include exposure to moderate noise levels.
Store Opening Hours:
Monday-Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
We are looking for personnel who can be at the shop between 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Please pick your preferred work days and work hours in your application.
- Mentoring and training on the job
- Friendly and positive work culture environment
- Opportunity to further career with the Company
- Enjoy a fair work-life balance
You’re expected to have the following qualities:
- A fun and energetic person who have an excellent verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers and team members
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English & Bahasa Malaysia
- No working experience required as long as the candidate has the willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Prior working experience in related industry will be an advantage to adapt with the given tasks such as customers communication, basic data entry and inventories arrangement
- A resilience and determine person
- An active listener with outgoing pleasant personality, mature, and good social etiquette
- Proficiency in basic math for processing sales transactions and handling cash
- Attention to detail such as ability to maintain an organized and neat shop environment.
- Must be responsible, result-oriented, good time management, reliable and punctual are essential for this role
- Required skill(s): Competent in using computer and applications such as Google Drive (Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms, Email), Microsoft Office Word and Excel, Canva
- Preferred skill(s): People Skills, Customer Service Skills, Social Media Skills, Sales Experience
- Open to job seekers in any of the following areas of studies: Mass Communications, Business Administration, Business Studies, Human Resource, Entrepreneurship, Business eCommerce, Logistics & Transportation, Supply Chain or related field
The applicants with unique personality, with additional characteristics such as the following may be considered for a full-time position, according to their education background, working skills and competencies:
- A meticulous, strong customer service skills and attention to details person
- A good communicator and a great team collaborator with a positive work attitude
- Willingness to learn, highly energetic and have strong desire to pursuit the Company’s vision
- Conscious of timelines and deadlines, complete multiple tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently, having good work ethics, pleasant personality, positive attitude, flexible, self-motivated, trustworthy and resourceful
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive, energetic and eager to tackle tasks assigned
Career Level: Non-Executive
Qualification: Minimum Diploma degree
Years of Experience: 0-0.5 year
Job Type: Full-Time / Contract / Temporary / Part-Time
Job Specializations: Clerical/Administrative Support/Customer Services
Career Advancement Opportunity
This is an entrance position for anyone who would like to pursue a career with the Company. He/She who possesses the quality of leadership, high self-motivation, showing outstanding problem solving capabilities, in addition to having a working competency experience up to 6 month, he/she can advance his/her career to be a Customer Relation Executive, Client Account Executive (Executive Level) or positions in any other Departments (Logistics, Marketing, HR, Finance) deemed suitable to his/her competencies and passion.
For a Part-Time position, this is also a great opportunity to grow your career at Exaira, which provides an opportunity for both the Company and you to evaluate if there is a good fit.