Logistics Support Intern
This position is to support the Operations department by performing daily administrative tasks including to aid daily operation of the Company including processing and recording operational data, systematic filing, customer support and other duties as needed. You will be assigned to handle small projects in various functions, including but not limited to Customer Relations, Media Communication and Administration as necessary to provide you a professional industry experience during this internship program.
- Learn and practice organizing operational data entry into the system, maintaining files and documents, project planning, and compilation of work reports
- Assist the team to achieve sales strategies and sales targets by focusing on providing smooth logistics services to customers which includes acting as a customer support representative, educating the customers/prospects about Company’s products and services as well as resolving logistics issues quickly and efficiently and escalate to management when appropriate
- Develop communication skills with freight carriers, customers, and brokers by maintaining knowledge of industry terms and jargon which may include preparing shipment of packages as per clients’ request, coordinating with relevant parties, preparing the freight documents ready on time, and also booking shipments with carrier partners under the general supervision of Management to ensure a smooth and efficient delivery
- Assist the team in solving new/existing customer problems, latest trends, ideas, and feedback on the market which includes participation in the Company’s marketing plans and creative idea content on the Company websites, social media, online newsletters, promotional emails, social events, and advertising campaigns
- Learn people skills and technical skills such as basic administrative duties, work reporting, customers database management, working procedures, decision making, multi-tasking, teamwork collaboration, communication, and positive working attitudes
- Open to local students in any of the following areas of studies: Logistics, Transportation, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Business eCommerce, or related field
- Internship period is at least 4 months period
- Willingness to learn more about operations aspects in the logistics and supply chain industry
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive, energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competent in using computer applications (Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a positive work attitude
- Able to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- No Experience is required- as long as the candidate has the willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Required skill(s): Data Entry, Computer and applications such as Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Email, Social Media
- Preferred skill(s): People Skills, Customer Service Skills, Analytical Skills
Internship Program Benefits
- Mentoring and training on the job
- Allowance provided
- Easy access to public transportation
- Friendly and positive work culture environment
- Opportunity to further career with the Company
Career Level: Non-Executive
Qualification: Diploma/Bachelor’s degree
Years of Experience: 0 year
Job Type: Internship
Job Specializations: Clerical/Administrative Support, Sales/Marketing
Career Advancement Opportunity
He/She who possesses the quality of leadership, high self-motivation, showing outstanding problem solving capabilities, in addition to having a working competency experience up to 1 year, he/she can advance his/her career to be a Marketing Assistant, Creative Assistant, Marketing Executive or Creative Executive or positions in any other Departments deemed suitable to his/her competencies, passion skills and talents.
Entrance Application Overview
Internship Applicants shall be given assignments and tasks relevant to the position applied and it must be completed within a specified time-frame. Selected applicants will proceed to the final interview session with the HR Department, and they will be notified for the interview session via email.
Successful candidates are to be offered the placement according to the Universities’ internship period requirement. The Company will assist the learning process of the students in terms of industry best practices suited to the course of studies and also the basic working competencies that they need to gain from the workplace.
Exaira is practicing continuous performance evaluations to all its employees, therefore the University lecturers and supervisors are most welcome to exchange knowledge with the Company to enhance the students’ internship experience.
Upon completion of the internship program, the students’ may have an opportunity to be a full-time employee at Exaira, with any positions deemed suitable with their passion, skills and talents; however they must submit a new employment application and are subject to available vacancies